Topic: just making sure all I need is a 6432 and hdspe madi...

Hi-
I'm ready to buy a new RME system for my studio and I want to make sure I order what I need...
I need 32 AES inputs and 32 AES outputs for external converters at 88.2K.  I believe all I need is one HDSPe MADI card and ONE ADI-6432 (plus necessary cables to connect to my AD/DA converters).  Is this right?  Will this gear eventually work with 64bit Windows 7 and Nuendo?  I'm hoping Waves will eventually release a 64 bit version of their plug-ins, but will use an Intel i7 system with XP until that time. 
Thanks-
Dan H.

Re: just making sure all I need is a 6432 and hdspe madi...

Yes, as long as 32 AES I/O means 32 mono channels. AES/EBU channel count is often referred to in pairs. The ADI-6432 supports 64 channels at 44.1/48 kHz or 32 channels at 88.2/96 kHz. The HDSPe MADI card already works in Win 7 64 bit, so that's no problem.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks!
Yup- 32 mono channels in and out-  Does the MADI card load down the PCI-e bus much, or can I still run 3 monitors and a UAD PCIe card without too much trouble?

danharr wrote:

Thanks!
Yup- 32 mono channels in and out-  Does the MADI card load down the PCI-e bus much, or can I still run 3 monitors and a UAD PCIe card without too much trouble?

I also would be interested to know how much actual bandwidth this config used over PCIe.

In real terms, I can work out the theortical by myself! :-)

Isaac.