1 (edited by Jooho Song 2009-08-19 06:22:51)

Topic: The SECRET of immediate reading of LTC value?

Hello~
Thanks you all always for your kind answers.

Following the MC's advice, I'm trying to read LTC using TCO with ASIO SDK.
My work is somewhat successful.
But, I get a question as expected...:/
When I start to play s Sony VCR(Digital BETACAM DVW-A510),
the LTC In value in TCO tab of Hammerfall DSP Settings appears immediately.
But using ASIO SDK sample, time code is displayed after about 1 second.

Would you let me knows the 'secret' of immediate reading of LTC value? HeadScratch

Re: The SECRET of immediate reading of LTC value?

We do not program software, so the simple answer is we really don't know. What you see is what the hardware gets, but how to program a host that reacts quickly on the APP information - no clue.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: The SECRET of immediate reading of LTC value?

Hello MC,

I work in TV Post production Studio as rec/mixing engineer dubbing films, soap operas, documentaries etc. Having observed over the last 4 years the unorthodox way our video dept. works, using Digital Betacams, DVCPros alongside with DVCam recorders(!!) to exchange video files and audio mixdowns with my facility, or for other services like subtitling, I would really like to ask about TCO's potential. To be  more specific, if they should decide to upgrade to a modern way of production, through a renowned software suite for video-audio multiplexing, subtitling, editing and so on, would the Fireface 800+TCO option provide a good interface between Digital Betas, DVCPros and a Mac or Pc ?

Thank you in advance and congratulations to all RME staff, for such stunning products!

Personal equipment:

RME DIGIFACE, HDSP-e express card, Octamic D MKII, Magix Sequoia 7.

Personal projects/services: Symphonic orchestras, Chamber music location recording.