1 (edited by monobass 2009-08-23 13:37:24)

Topic: Fireface800 bug - no channel 7/8 - VIDEO

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what is happening here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE1FS2SUaBQ

I have inputs coming in fine on Analogue 1-6, 9-10 and SPDIF in.. but despite showing activity on the front panel signal LEDs, channels 7/8 are showing no input on the software mixer and cannot be heard.

I've tried changing the 7/8 to rear, front, rear and front in the settings.. used line in and XLR on front, and line in 7/8 on back.. but nothing. I've tested all inputs with several sources but it's only 7/8 giving me nothing.

I'm on the latest OSX firmware and drivers.

Steve

Re: Fireface800 bug - no channel 7/8 - VIDEO

As you already tried the standard error (not setting them correctly in the Settings dialog) the only explanation seems a defect of these channel's ADC. Backed up by a level display of - infinite, which is not possible with an analog input. That will need repair then, sorry.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yes I figured that may be the case sad

I also tried installing it under bootcamp in XP but had exactly the same problem... there was one thing I didn't try though. There is a version 2.7 of the firmware updater for non TCO FW800 in the XP drivers section... however for OSX the firmware updater for non-TCO only goes to v2.47.

I thought I could try upgrading to 2.70 in XP... but I was worried this may cause me problems in OSX?

Thanks

Steve

In this case it is just wasting time and will not change the error.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I've been slow following this up! I'm in the UK, should I return this directly to RME or send to somewhere in the UK?

Get in touch with Synthax UK, they will help.

http://www.rme-audio.de/en_support.php? … tedkingdom

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.