51 (edited by mocker 2009-10-21 10:00:19)

Re: Fireface 800 on Snow Leopard doesn't work

HELP ! I upgraded too : nothing works, my Fireface 800 is not recognized anymore with Snow Leopard. I used 2.63 with no problem. Tell me where I can dl 2.63 : I need to WORK. This is urgent.

OK I solved it using this post :

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4602

Than re-installed 2.64a and everything OK. Pretty tedious?

2.65 did it finally!!
all prev versions did not connect to the FW800 (red host led lit), new look of mixer, but overload LEDs all on on software, still. but works for me.
But thanks for that.

driver was 2.62 btw and quite old flash, updated flash, no chance with 2.64a still, but 265 worked. first time the mixer and settings apps opened again. hope that helps you tracing.

For all - heres the one that fixed:
http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7060
should the red LED next to "Ovr" be OFF except if clipped/over? well, they are all on, don't know what that means, so this "bug" is still there.

come back to me if there's something I can help
I ain't bovvered.

www.sequencer.de SynthDBase/Community, www.Moogulator.com The Music

finally works (deleting all the pre snow leopard stuff as the link says).
exept the red-LED are all always lit (over/overload), looks like this is a different problem - but no more crashes which is a lot better. (just double posted this here to keep you informed and not be confused)

Am I bovvered, tho'? Look at my (fire)Face, does it look bovvered? Computer says: Nooo!!

I got snow leopard also. And my FF wasnt working befoire. I got cracks n pops. I must say RME are extremely bad at keeping up with upgrades. I bought the Lindy cable to try and fix my problem and it doesnt appear to have made the slightest difference. My FF800 doesnt work either

did you try to delete the files mentioned here http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4602
and reinstall the latest update?

it works fine, I assume you have installed Snow Leopard on top of an older version (as I did), so you got some zombie files to delete. takes about 5 Minutes max. to get it done. My FF800 runs flawlessly now, I can switch it on and off any time again like it was with Tiger. The only thing RME did not tell is to delete those old drivers but as you can read here they did here on the forum.

try it!

+1 on the file deletion. Just upgraded an 8core MacPro from 10.5 to 10.6.2 . . . FF800 = no audio, red Host LED, no drivers visible in Audio/MIDI Setup, completely DOA.

Did the delete, reinstalled 2.6.4a, and quick tests w/ iTunes, DP6, Peak6 show everything back to normal here.

Didn't solve the issue on my iMac 8.01 3,06 4GB

Deleted all drivers as described and installed 2.65: still getting freezes as soon as I power on the FF once the Mac had been into sleep mode.

Michael