Topic: FF800 ...update an XP?

Hello,  WinXP, Cubase SX3,  FF800

Using (currently) firmware 2.47 (not using a TCO, just doing music)   and driver v2.95  (ie,  before Windows 7 versions).

The DAW is off-line and likely to stay so. But updates are good things wink 

No problems in WinXP updating to driver 2.998 and flash update tool 2.77 ?

thanks!

Re: FF800 ...update an XP?

I have a similar system. Firmware v2.47 works best for. Firmware 2.70 is problematic for me. Since I'm not running Windows 7, I see no advantage in updating. I may be wrong of course.

Regards,

dadgad

hi dadgad251!

yes, there is no advantage for XP with 2.70; but I reinstalled everything a couple of days ago and therefore updated everything. I just came back from a two-day recording session and didn't run into any problems whatsoever; my FF800 was rock-solid, as always... :-)

why/how is 2.70 problematic for you?

best,
laex

DC rules!

laex wrote:

hi dadgad251!

yes, there is no advantage for XP with 2.70; but I reinstalled everything a couple of days ago and therefore updated everything. I just came back from a two-day recording session and didn't run into any problems whatsoever; my FF800 was rock-solid, as always... :-)

why/how is 2.70 problematic for you?

best,
laex

Hi laex,

see:
http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6333

regards,

dadgad

5 (edited by WhiteOrange 2010-04-01 06:33:13)

April 2010

Still with firmware 2.47 and driver 2.95.  (Windows XP, Cubase SX3)

From Matthia's  posts in the driver update thread, it looks like Drivers from 2.998 onward require firmware 2.77.       But as per recent posts, an older FF800 unit like mine (~2004) might crackle a bit with firmware 2.77 or beyond.
I don't do things requiring a TCO.

So.....should I just stay with firmware 2.47, and if so, what's the latest Driver version to use beyond 2.95.....or just stay with 2.95 ?

-------------------
I get the impression that there are still a Lot of people in the PC who have - and will - stay with Windows XP as long as they can, for stability reasons.
So maybe my question might be helpful for the XP people in general...?

Thank you.