Topic: HDSPe Madi and SSL Alphallink SX !!

Hi,
i just bought an  Alphalink SX ,i had some problem with their Madi card MadiXtreme 64 cos' they have not the Direct Monitoring
so i will buy the RME Madi card ,can you confirm that all will be ok with this one ?
THANX A LOT
regards
philit

Re: HDSPe Madi and SSL Alphallink SX !!

We did not test ourselves but we know that several users use this combination successfully.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi Mathias,
ok i will see by myself ,but there is no reason that don't work :-)
regards
philit

Hi Matthias,
i got big problem with the HDSPe MADI ,i made the install  correctly cos this work the afternoon ,then i made a new project in C5 and cubase didn't find the ASIO "hdsp init fail " i looked in the system control panel and the hammerfall drivers had disappeared
i try to reinstall the card and blue screen ,so i deinstalled the drivers in "mode sans echec" well now impossible to install the card and the drivers ,what is the mess ??!! please help
thanx
p.

Hardware (card) not working or PCIe (mobo) not working.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

card not working ,
i reinstalled my other Madi card SSL madiXtreme64 and it's working !

well problem solved in changing pcie slot :-):-)
i feel better :-)
thanx regards

If you have time, please give us a quick comparative review on the sound quality of the SSL Alphalink as compared to whatever converters you are familiar with.  Also, is the Alphalink's AD/DA conversion latency listed in the owner's manual (generaly listed in Samples or in milli-seconds)?  I can't find this info online, but I haven't looked very hard to be honest.

I'm leaning towards snapping up an Alphalink MADI AX as well :-)  I'll start with ADAT + Digiface, and upgrade to the RME MADI card down the road...

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

hi Randyman ,
i used a lot FF800 with a DM3200 i was very satisfied ,when we planned to change for a high end converters with at least 24 i/o,
we choosed the SSL alphalink SX ,first with a madiXtrem64, i changed for a Madi HDSPe cos the xtrem don't do the Direct monitoring. All i can say in comparison with the FF800 is that the sound is much clean ,defined with the SSL , an excellent converter, i wanted to stay with RME but the price is higher with their new converters (sorry to tell that inthe RME forum :-)
hope that help
regards
p.

Thanks for the feedback! :-)

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

hi philit,

is direct monitoring working with your setup?

Greetz

Mathias