Topic: Mixer locked

Hi,
I have a serious problem:
In the mixer of RME (hdsp 9632) you have the possibility to lock it with a password to prevent changes in the signal configuration. So I tested this function, locked the mixer but now when I type the password once again, I can't unlock the mixer. What can I do? I don't want to reinstall the soundcard driver. Is there another possibility?

Sorry for the baddest English you ever heard.

Re: Mixer locked

Delete the password in the registry.

Lock Mixer: Opens a dialog box for password entry. Changes on the mixer have no effect anymore until the mixer is unlocked in the same way, by entering the password a second time. The password is stored unencrypted in the registry (Windows: HKey_Local_Machine, Software, RME, firefacemix/hdspmix, Password).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for the answer!
But I have still this problem, although I looked in the registry and typed the correct password in the mixer.
I also changed the password in the registry and typed then the new password in the mixer but nothing happened. Is there still another possibility to manage this problem?

I wrote 'delete'.

If it doesn't work then - where is the problem to reinstall the driver? Takes just a minute...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Okay, I reinstalled the driver but the mixer was still locked. Then I could enter the password in the mixer which stood in the registry, and it worked! wink

Vielen Dank!

I have tried everything you suggested and cannot find password in the registry Uninstalled drivers and reinstalled still locked Going crazy I have had this for years and no trouble till now when I installed the latest drivers help