1 (edited by flextone 2009-12-18 13:51:45)

Topic: FF400 glitching out

Hi,

My FF400 started making terrible noises a few days ago. It only happens while I'm listening to something through the inputs, and possibly only happens with inputs 3&4.
The sound itself has several flavors. Either loud pops and crackles, or extremely degraded and broken up, or both, together with an echo-like doubling of the audio. I still need to run some more tests to see if this only happens with inputs 3&4. I'm running Digital Performer on a new unibody MBP. The FF is daisy chained with a G-technologies external HD.

Given the nature of the noises I would say this has to be a digital issue, most likely the ADC. Anything I should check before sending it in for repair?

Thank you.

2 (edited by c0rb0 2010-02-14 19:10:03)

Re: FF400 glitching out

Hi there,
I have the same problem as outlined above. It usually happens within 15mins of recording 1 or 2 synths through inputs 3&4 and monitoring back through 1&2.
After it happens the first time it happens again every 10 or so minutes.
Sometimes it only lasts a few (maybe 15) seconds, other times the device has to be restarted to get it back to normal.
While it is glitching, the leds on the front panel go mad, clip and signal leds showing for both input 1&2, even though there is nothing connected.
I'm running a Mac Pro with the latest Snow Leopard, latest firmware and drivers for the Fireface and the latest version of Logic Pro.
I could probably find recordings on file of it glitching.

You use a power supply for the FF400?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yes I do. I don't think I've ever used it without

Ok, then please check the Settings dialog for errors when this happens.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME