Topic: RME ADI-2 with M-Audio FireWire Solo: Sync problems via SPDIF

I use an ADI-2 connected via SPDIF to an M-Audio FireWire Solo Interface. As long as the M-Audio is set as clock master everything is working fine. When i try to use the ADI-2 as master (for recording) the M-Audio Control Penal says "Mismatch" and audio applications didn?t work but there is no blinking light in the clock section on the ADI-2. It seems that the devices have a different opinion about there are synchronized or not.

Has anyone experiences with problems like that and/or any suggestions?

Re: RME ADI-2 with M-Audio FireWire Solo: Sync problems via SPDIF

I remember some calls about this in the past, some M-Audio devices will not slave to external signals unless you reboot after you change the clock settings.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Yes, i found some threads in the M-Audio support forum. I posted my problems there too, but that didn?t help.
I will buy a different interface with SPDIF-Connections to solve my problem. Surprisingly there are no SPDIF-Only-Interfaces for Firewire or USB on the market (or i didn?t found one). That`s odd, because a SPDIF-Only-Interfaces should by easy to build.

If 48 k will suffice, you could look for a (second-hand) Edirol UA-1D or Yamaha UW10, both discontinued.
I bought the Edirol as last-resort backup when I almost couldn't do a recording because I had left my DSP Cardbus card at home in another laptop...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME