1 (edited by AlanK 2010-01-05 15:40:39)

Topic: USB error report next to latency setting (X/Y)

On the first RME Fireface Settings Panel, net to the Latency Settings is an indication of USB errors in the form X/Y. On the first laptop I tested with the FFUC I would get beeps and the X count would increase with each beep. With a new computer, the Y figure increases, sometimes rapidly, but he X figure stays at "0".

What do the X and Y represent? The manual is quite vague, and the link in the manual for more information is broken and the article which it references is of no practical use.

Re: USB error report next to latency setting (X/Y)

i think if u get an 0 for X then ur ok.....check my thread on my bandwidth prob....

3 (edited by uwekirst 2010-01-08 19:36:15)

Re: USB error report next to latency setting (X/Y)

x/y represent "big errors" / "small errors".

"Small errors" are single USB micro frames (125 ?s long) where no audio data is transferred.
The result is a small clicking noise, up to 8 samples long (in single speed mode).
"Big errors" are detected if the data transfer over USB is stalled for more than 4 ms.
In that case the driver software stops and restarts the audio streaming. The latter is more or less what the FireWire devices (Fireface 400/800) from RME are also doing in case of a dropout.
My explanation refers to Windows mode only.

/Uwe