Topic: Fresh Install on Windows 7 with outdated firmware on FireFace 800

I just did a fresh install on my computer, Windows 7 64bit and I'm trying to install my Fireface 800 but it doesnt have an updated firmware, just what it came with from the box.

Windows 7 will not recognize the hardware, and the Red LED host light will remain lit. I changed the firewire controller to the legacy one, but that hasnt given me any favorable results.

I cant update the Firmware without an already installed driver....

I can't install/update any driver for it because in the manual it says this: "In case the Hardware Wizard does not show up automatically after installation of the card, do not attempt to install the drivers manually! An installation of drivers for non-recognized hardware will cause a blue screen when booting Windows!"

Am I mistaken and its been changed since then where I can go ahead and manually install the drivers?

Anyone have a solution to this dilemna of mine?

Re: Fresh Install on Windows 7 with outdated firmware on FireFace 800

Installation as such does not require a specific firmware version. There should be at least some form of hardware detection. What exactly is happening?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hello, the plug and play feature of windows 7 says this after it is plugged in: "Device Driver was not successfully installed"
When I click on the "click here for details" button it calls it an "Unidentified Device" and says "No driver found"

Under the Device Manager, it'll be listed as "Unknown device" when double clicked to go to the properties the device status says this: "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) There is no driver selected for the device information set or element."

Should I use the "Update Driver" button to find one for the fireface?

Yes, try the update and proceed as described in http://rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=732

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

thanks! it seems to be working fine now!