1 (edited by mr. purple pants 2010-01-15 01:24:25)

Topic: Fireface 400 Spdif In not Working for me

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but I am getting spdif out just fine to my eventide.

Spidf IN is not turning the green light on, nor is it showing on the Fireface mixer. It's not the cable or the Eventide because I tried it with another device into the eventide and it worked fine but it didn't work with the 400.

The 400 is set to autosync master. Am I overlooking anything else?

Thanks.

Re: Fireface 400 Spdif In not Working for me

Is this optical or coaxial SPDIF? Have you tried looping the FF's SPDIF out to its own input (in Master Mode)?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: Fireface 400 Spdif In not Working for me

I have the exact same problem as this, and yes it fails the loopback test. My problem started a week ago when I updated the firmware to v1.71. There was nothing to indicate the upgrade failed or anything, it looked totally normal. I also updated the software to v3.10 at the same time (probably a mistake as now I don't know what caused what). I have reloaded the firmware again but it made no difference. Please help! No spdif = no fun

*EDIT*
I tried getting this working for 2 hours and for some reason it just started working right before I pressed submit on this post. It STILL fails the loopback test, but after going back to my original cables, flashing the firmware for the 3rd time, and isolating the spdif connection back to one device (in/out kurzweil rumour) I finally have a green spdif light and a delightful reverb sound! Unexplainable!