Topic: downgrade to older firmware

Hi,

I want to update my firmware of AES-32 to older version using fut_win_mad_202 to have compatibility with Linux driver. When I clicked the update module, nothing happened on Windows XP. Please let me know how to do it. Thank you.

Hiroshi

Re: downgrade to older firmware

The older fut will only work when the older driver is installed too.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

The older fut will only work when the older driver is installed too.

Thank you.  I have downloaded w2madi_aes_252, and installed the driver. But fut 202 did nothing for this driver. What is wrong?

Hiroshi

Are you sure this driver is installed? To install an older driver you have to follow the instructions in the manual exactly, or Windows will continue to use the newer driver.

If so, then the driver in the archive might be too new for the old fut. I uploaded the driver that fits the fut, please try this one:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/w2madi_aes_220.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Are you sure this driver is installed? To install an older driver you have to follow the instructions in the manual exactly, or Windows will continue to use the newer driver.

If so, then the driver in the archive might be too new for the old fut. I uploaded the driver that fits the fut, please try this one:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/w2madi_aes_220.zip

Thanks MC. I downloaded the above, and could install the driver. Now I could run fut, but it failed to update (downdate) to the older firmware. After the message "Erasing sector 0...", the message "Failed" appeared. After cold reboot, the same things happened. How do I proceed?

Hiroshi

Sorry, but the only way then is to try the flash process on a different machine. Thanks for the 2.2 feedback, I will update the website archive.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Sorry, but the only way then is to try the flash process on a different machine. Thanks for the 2.2 feedback, I will update the website archive.

Well, this is a bad news... I do not understand the logic of "different machine"... Should I try different machines one by one till I succeed without understanding what is happening in the card? Hmmm...

Hiroshi

The flash process sometimes did not work on a specific machine, but did on many others. That's why there is no way around trying it on a different machine. Of course there is a small chance that the card itself is defective, can not be flashed. But this can be easily checked by trying the current FUT (with the current driver).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

The flash process sometimes did not work on a specific machine, but did on many others. That's why there is no way around trying it on a different machine. Of course there is a small chance that the card itself is defective, can not be flashed. But this can be easily checked by trying the current FUT (with the current driver).

I tried two XP machines and one 2000 machine, and failed to complete flash update on these machines. I could flash update to the newest firmware, so the card seems to be OK.

Now I think I should abandon Linux and AES-32 combo for now. My final objective is to execute convolution of about 10 channel 192K data by Brutefir. I wish I can do the same thing on Windows platform safely.

I hope the release of ALSA driver that can work with the current firmware in the near future, or RME releases working flash update tool to older firmware soon.

Hiroshi