Topic: FF800 not working right under Win 7 - MultiClient use

Hi,

I wonder if any of you have that problem:

FF800 worked great under XP with SP3 now I'm running into this problems:

1) when watching something on YouTube (or net generally) it works ok for a minute or so, after that it starts outputing this constant frrrrrrrr sound, it stops if I close the browser completely
2) I can't play music or videos and use Skype at the same time
3) I can't play music or videos and have youtube open (playing or paused) at the same time
4) I can't use Skype and have YouTube playiing
5) I can't play music and use Sibelius at the same time, even if Sibelius is set to MME or DirectSound - that worked before and is essential. Of course it never worked if ASIO was used.

Anyway, it seems to me like a multi-client issue. It might however be an error on my part, but Windows 7 don't give you a choice between directsound/MME...drivers as XP did,
so I chose headphone output or speakers as default and left it at that.

Latest drivers and Firmware (2.992/2.77), Windows 7 Home Premium.

Thanks for help

k

Re: FF800 not working right under Win 7 - MultiClient use

You could try to disable "Exclusive Mode" via Windows' Sound settings. And you can try to disable "Interleave" in Fireface settings.

Re: FF800 not working right under Win 7 - MultiClient use

soulata wrote:

Hi,

I wonder if any of you have that problem:

FF800 worked great under XP with SP3 now I'm running into this problems:

1) when watching something on YouTube (or net generally) it works ok for a minute or so, after that it starts outputing this constant frrrrrrrr sound, it stops if I close the browser completely
2) I can't play music or videos and use Skype at the same time
3) I can't play music or videos and have youtube open (playing or paused) at the same time
4) I can't use Skype and have YouTube playiing
5) I can't play music and use Sibelius at the same time, even if Sibelius is set to MME or DirectSound - that worked before and is essential. Of course it never worked if ASIO was used.

Anyway, it seems to me like a multi-client issue. It might however be an error on my part, but Windows 7 don't give you a choice between directsound/MME...drivers as XP did,
so I chose headphone output or speakers as default and left it at that.

Latest drivers and Firmware (2.992/2.77), Windows 7 Home Premium.

Thanks for help

k

It looks like we have the same problem!
I'm running win 7 x64, if i have sound in winamp/vlc player etc. i dont get sound in my internet browser hmm REALLY ANNOYING!