Topic: Digital connection query.

Hello, I'm new to the forum and in need of some help if anyone can....
I'm trying to connect the digital output of my macbookpro to the adat in of my Multiface II and then route this audio to the analog outputs 1+2 on the multiface and on to my monitors...Simple?  Not for me!
Can anyone suggest why this is not working so far,  all cables working, totalmix knowledge not the best.....
Thank you.

Re: Digital connection query.

What kind of cabling are you using from the Mac to the optical input of the Multiface? What kind of audio are you playing (stereo/5.1)? Did you remember to set the Multiface SPDIF input to "optical", and Clock Mode to "Autosync"? Do you see input signal in the top row of TotalMix?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hi Jeff,
Using Standard toslink mini at mac end to toslink at rme adat in.  Playing stereo audio out from Logic. I have it working now. 
Is there a way to flash the settings to the box so it remembers them so I can use the multiface as a converter whilst freeing the expresscard port for other duties?
Thank you for your swift reply.

See the section on "Disconnect Mode" in the manual. This is no permanent standalone configuration, though.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

There is no way to flash the settings permanent to the multiface like FF800 or so. There is only a disconnect mode, this needs permanent power supply to the Multiface afaik....

regards
Zapp

Regards
Zapp

Thank you all for your replies.  I'm using standalone mode and its working fine,  I just wanted to free the express card slot for another express card.
Is it possible to use the coaxial spdif and the adat port fuctioning as spdif simultaneously?
cheers.

Not on the Multiface, but the new Fireface UC can use both SPDIF inputs simultaneously.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hello again,  I was wondering if it is possible to use the coaxial spdif OUT to clock an ssl alpha whilst having the spdif adat IN working.?
All while in disconnect mode!
Any thoughts?
Cheers

Sure, that works.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.