1 (edited by blackcom 2010-02-10 00:44:30)

Topic: M-Series Flash Update killed my M-32 AD!!

Did exactly as the read me says.

Update prgram says update went successully, tells me to turn unit OFF then ON again.
I do it and the unit is dead. I can hear the fan starts, but nothing else.

WHY DOES THE UPDATE PROGRAM SAY UPDATE IS SUCCESSFULL WHEN IT IS NOT?

Alot of bios flash programs has a vertify function that is run at the end of the process.
I strongly suggest RME does the same from now on.

I've never had any problems with flashing either HDSP, Fireface or HDSP MADI before.
And i'd really like the abillity to see the temprature inside the unit over MIDI,
specially when summer is comming.

What now, sending back to germany, how long will it take?

Re: M-Series Flash Update killed my M-32 AD!!

Sorry for the problem. Can you please tell me the serial number of your unit?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by blackcom 2010-02-10 13:55:31)

I allready had it taken to the vendor for service shipment to RME. Any chance of avoiding having to send it back if I got you the serial? The readme file says any failed update requires the unit to be sent to the factory.

Are there earlier revisions that perform worse under flash updates? I think I was one of the first people to buy this unit when it was available....

That's what I thought about. There are a handful early units that can not be updated via MIDI. My information was it will just not work, but maybe it works but just not correctly. We tried to modify all these early units, but maybe yours slipped through somehow. The serial number would give that information.

The unit must be sent in in any case, sorry.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Serial: 22947972

Is it possible to modify the unit to the latest revision when you receive it, so I can benefit flash updates etc?

That's exactly what will happen.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Well, I'm trying to focus at the positive side of all things for the time, so I guess having my M-32 AD upgraded to the latest revision is a win for me.