Topic: FF400 and Skype

Hi,

I want to use the FF400 and Skype.
In Skype I use for the mic the adjustment "Analog(1+2)"
If I connect a mic to AN1 then Skype will get the input. But Skype gets no input from
a second mic at AN2. Is this basically not possible or do I something wrong?

Best wishes,

odie.

Re: FF400 and Skype

i have a fireface 800 so analog are 7 8 9 10 and i am in the same situation as you. can someone at RME give his opinion on this? thanks

Alessandro

3 (edited by kasaudio 2011-02-23 23:32:30)

I don't thing skype supports 2 microphones; it takes what comes first.... I guess skype uses MME interface where things ar not so predictable as with asio. BTW why are you using HQ audio interface for something that gives crappy sound in any case? Most computers have 1 mic (mono) so I guess that's the way skype works...

Hi,
Use an empty output in Totalmix to create a submix (see manual) of the Microphone inputs that you want to use. Set this output to Loopback mode (see manual) or use an external cable to loop it back into an input. Set the Skype microphone to the input you've just fed with the submix. IMHO Skype only supports a mono channel as input, thus the whole thing is pretty easy to set up but might be useless depending on what you intend to do.
Best regards,
Max

It's quite a good use for a $2000 unit...
I'm wondering if I can afford this unit for a home studio, and some of you are using it to skype ;-)

Cheers,
Rob

I'm wondering if I can afford this unit for a home studio, and some of you are using it to skype

If you want an interface special customized for Skype usage choose the Babyface. Two Mic inputs and a dedicated headphone output. Including monitoring control on the unit and a DSP hardware mixer for the most flexible Skype signal routing ever. E.g. route incoming calls to the main monitors. Including internal EQ on every channel for best possible speech quality and reverb/echo for a wet Skype headphone mix. Could be also used to create a surround mix from your incoming calls.

Affordable and could be used also for a home studio - if you finished all calls. 

best regards
Knut