Topic: HDSPe RayDAT not recognized

I can't get my brand new HDSPe RayDAT and/or driver installed in my new Mac Pro with OSX 10.6.2.
I've tried different slots, removed all driver files and reinstalled the driver, both the one from the disk and the latest downloaded from the RME site. Each time the flash updater tells me there is no card or driver installed, and my applications don't see the card.

What else can I try next, before contacting the distributor after the weekend?

Re: HDSPe RayDAT not recognized

Another thought: would it be possible that my Roland M1000 digital mixer connected by usb causes a conflict? Or, even when it's off, the installed driver?

The flash updater won't install a driver and won't work without a properly installed driver. So did you actually install a driver? If so, which one?
I doubt other drivers can seriously interfere.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

4 (edited by Zandbass 2010-02-21 11:51:36)

Daniel, thanks for your reply. Like I posted, I tried both drivers. However, just now, I removed both the Roland M1000 driver and a Line6 driver for my LiveXT, reinstalled the RME driver again (with the downloaded latest driver) and finally the install went well. So apparently there is a conflict with either the M1000 or the LiveXT. Unfortunately I removed both at the same time so I don't know which one caused the problem.... and now that it works I'm hesitant to try and find out smile

Thanks,
Mark

Zandbass wrote:

Unfortunately I removed both at the same time so I don't know which one caused the problem.... and now that it works I'm hesitant to try and find out smile

Havin' a Deja Vu here - something similar happened a while ago, IIRC. Anyhow, good to hear it works.

Have you tried reinstalling the other devices after the RME installation? Maybe the just interfere with installation, not operation.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I might try it out sometime in the future. When I do I'll let you know of course.
You mentioned it happened before; with what equipment was that?