1 (edited by Axis-1 2010-02-28 05:30:11)

Topic: problem with HDSP9632 windows7 drivers on a dual-boot PC (winXP/win7)

Hi!
I have an HDSP 9632 working correctly in a windowsXP(32bit) installation.
However, I recently installed Windows7 (64bit) on the same PC, but in a different partition, so as to keep my old winXP O.S. intact.
I downloaded the latest drivers for the HDSP9632 from the RME site and tried to installed them, but, as the HDSP9632 already had the last firmware update (via my last winXP driver update, from last December), when I try to run the firmware update on windows 7, so that I can initiate the audio-driver install, nothing happens. It seems that the firmware update program doesn't run because it has already been done before through winXP.
So, my question is, how do I install the RME HDSP9632 audio-drivers without running the firmware udate program before?
Or is it something else?...
Thanks in advance for any help.

P.S.: My Processor is an Intel Pentium D (2x3.20 GHz), and I've verified that it is 64bit ready.

Re: problem with HDSP9632 windows7 drivers on a dual-boot PC (winXP/win7)

All wrong. The firmware update is unnecessary as the hardware had been updated before. Second the FUT don't work without installed drivers. Third to install drivers read here:

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7348

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: problem with HDSP9632 windows7 drivers on a dual-boot PC (winXP/win7)

Thank you, MC, I installed the audio-driver manually and it seems to be working as it should.
Sorry for my late reply, but anyway I always like to confirm when the received advice worked.