Topic: problem installation fireface 400 & win 7 64bit

Hello,

I'm configuring a pc for a friend musician who doesn't know to much about it, with a fireface 400

the pc works fine (dell inspirion 580). has had a clean install of win 7 64bit by me, and has a texas instrument chipset firewire card build in wich works perfect with firewire drives (i tested). But when connecting the fireface like mentioned in the manual, the pc doesn't recognise it as a new hardware. There is straight no connection so i can't install drivers or so.

the fireface is an 1 year old one, that has been on stockage for a while. it's powered by it's own psu and all lights are working like it should. The display says A.3

what can i do?

thanks in advance

Waxx

Re: problem installation fireface 400 & win 7 64bit

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7348

Greetings Urknall

Mac Pro Early 2008 2,8 Octo 10 GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4, FF 400 (v3.08 / 1.71)

3 (edited by waxx 2010-03-01 15:25:05)

[img align=c]http://img532.imageshack.us/img532/44/fireface.png[/img]

i've red that, but the fireface is not shown in the device manager at all, how can i start the installation?

Ah ok,

if it is not listed at all then you cannot start the installation of course.

Maybe try different firefire ports/ cable if possible, otherwise the unit is may be broken.
Since i am no windows user for ages now i may not be of much help here.

Greets

Mac Pro Early 2008 2,8 Octo 10 GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4, FF 400 (v3.08 / 1.71)

waxx wrote:

Hello,

has a texas instrument chipset firewire card build in wich works perfect with firewire drives (i tested). But when connecting the fireface like mentioned in the manual, the pc doesn't recognise it as a new hardware.

Look if other FW chipset drivers are available, like a "legacy" version. If that the case, you loose nothing to try it.

Asus P8Z77-V LE Plus_i7-3770K-3.9GHz_DDR3-16GB_Win8.1-x64_TI FW PCI_1xUAD-2_Cubase 4&7

i've red that, but the fireface is not shown in the device manager at all, how can i start the installation?

If not yet installed, the unit shows up as "Unknown Device" under the heading "Other Devices". Your screen shot cuts off above this entry, so I can't tell if it exists.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

it doesn't. I'm a ICT'er and i should have seen that. But you may not know that...

it's realy a connection problem. Tomorrow i gonna pick up a new firewire cable to test that. The machine itself worsk stand alone (is tested) so this shouldn't be the problem neighter.

I am also facing the same problem with my windows 7 32bit,
I also had the problem with windows xp and thought that it would be a software issue but when i reformatted nothing had changed.