Topic: Asus P5K WiFi, FF800, and Latency?

I am finding it impossible to get less than 256 samples for buffer (latency) using amp modeling software (Amplitube 2 and Guitar Rig 4). I get lots of popping, clicking and stutering and it is unusable. 256 samples works 90% of the time but 512 is the only safe setting I have found. Disappointing!

I am using FireFace 800 on ASUS P5K-E/WIFI-AP LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard, Intel Core 2 Duo Quad, and 3GB RAM on Windows Vista. I tried disabling WiFi, adding a new firewire card (using Texas Instruments chipset) and some other suggested tweaks I found online. Nothing has helped! sad

When I bought the FireFace 800 I was expecting very low latency but I had better results with Line 6 audio interface. Strange, huh? Is there anything I can do to improve this? I'd like to get it down to 96 samples at least. 

Thanks,
Rich

Re: Asus P5K WiFi, FF800, and Latency?

http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by blueman 2010-03-03 04:51:39)

Thanks! I'll give this a go and see what I can come up with. Can I ask...is there a list of motherboards or chipsets which are preferred for the FireFace 800? What is the most stable setup? I suspect that the ASUS P5K board may be the problem hmm I'm willing to replace it if that is the issue.

No there is no official list, but if possible it should have a Texas Instrument FW chipset.

best regards
Knut

Did you solve your problem? What was the problem in the end?