Topic: Windows 7 FF UC CPU/crackle problem

I just got Fireface UC and I'm having CPU/audio crackle problems when I move windows in my DAW. Everything is fine when you don't move any windows (CPU@40%), but when you twiggle or move windows in DAW CPU usage rises up to 70 % and lot of crackling occurs. I have installed latest gfx chip drivers for my laptop, installed latest drivers for FF UC and also firmware. I have tried to disable network, wifi, bluetooth, etc. Also I set internal audio chip as default audio source and set CPU usage to background services. None of these things helps! I have tried different latencies but even with high latencies you can hear some crackling. I have also set ASIO drivers for my DAW ofc.

Specs:
Windows 7 64 bit Enterprice (all updates)
Fujitsu Siemens Lifebook E8420 with Intel graphic chip
-Intel Core 2 Duo CPU @2.26GHz (P8400)
-RAM 2 GB
-DAW = FL Studio 9

Is there something that I can do in Windows to eliminate this? Or do you have some better driver to eliminate this? It's like gfx and audio are having some errors together.

Re: Windows 7 FF UC CPU/crackle problem

+1, exact same issue.

Have you tried reducing monitor colour depth to e.g. 16 bit?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

RME Support wrote:

Have you tried reducing monitor colour depth to e.g. 16 bit?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

No it didn't help at all. Any other suggestions?

5 (edited by satak 2010-03-17 23:31:48)

Still the same problem... I used latency monitor and it shows ~126 ?s latency when playing realtime audio and it is the same latency when idle. Though there are constant peaks in ~1800 ?s every 5 seconds. Please help sad

Here you can see the results:

http://koskivaara.com/latency.png

Turn off "ACPI compliant Battery method" via device-manager, turn off WLAN, turn off any USB card-reader, try the "Standard VGA driver", check if the HD runs in AHCI or IDE mode (via BIOS). Turn Aero on, turn Aero off, force your DAW's CPU priority to "Realtime" (needs to run Task-Manager "as Administrator" or turn off UAC to do so).