Topic: Link faders doesn't work with hard knob, does work with software

Hi,
I'm using Windows 7 64bit w/ driver version 2.9992 and firmware 1.7. Fireface 400.
The unit seems to work fine, except that that "link faders" option doesn't work with the hardware knob, but it does work in the software with the mouse. (In other words, when using the hardware knob to adjust, say, headphone volume, only the left or right fader moves, not both together. But both do move together when using the mouse as long as "Option->Link Faders" is set).

Obviously, this renders the hardware knob, and a very expensive piece of hardware, not very useful, if not borderline useless as far as setting the volume goes...I didn't have this problem under Windows XP or Vista.

My apologies if this issue already has been addressed in an earlier post...but I couldn't find one readily.
-Hunter

Re: Link faders doesn't work with hard knob, does work with software

As thats a hardware setting as you mention there is only little chance it has to do something with XP/Vista vs. Win7.

I guess that you (or a different preset in the new firmware) switched the "stereo modus" off.
You can witch it back on by pushing the volume knob for some time, while in channel editing mode ("CH" LED is lit). The display will show "on" and you should be able to control stereo channel pairs again until you do the same things to switch it off again.

Greetings,
viper

PS: The exact same thing is addressed only two posts (at this time) under yours - but in German I have to admit wink

Re: Link faders doesn't work with hard knob, does work with software

Excellent solution! smile
So, for all non-native German speakers out there, here's how you do it:
press the hardware button (volume) to get into a channel editing mode (such as "PH").

Then press the button again and hold down till you see "on" displayed. Release. If you want to go back to editing the level of only one channel at a time, do the same, but wait till you get "of".

After you've chosen either "on" or "of", spinning the knob will give the desired result of either linking or not linking the faders.