Topic: TotalMix GUI is soooo small...

I'm using the Fireface UC with a 17-inch monitor and a Screen Resolution of 1280 by 1024.

Everything in TotalMix seems to me to be so tiny: buttons, faders, figures, meters. I have to peer closely everytime I use it.

Is there any way to make it "bigger". I mean there's pleny of "unused" space on the screen. Is there any custom setting or patch that would solve this?

Also, the colours could be more lively... They are so dull as it is.

And NO, I am NOT short-sighted!!! smile)

Any feedback would be appreciated.

- Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2,33 GHz;
- MB Asus P5B-E;
- Windows 7 Professional x64;
- Sonar X1 x64.

2 (edited by Byt3 2010-03-23 05:42:22)

Re: TotalMix GUI is soooo small...

I guess the design intention was to save screen real estate,
I  would also like the option to have a second higher res version as well.

to be honest, you gotta get a decent bigger monitor .. yesterday ..

Byt3 wrote:

to be honest, you gotta get a decent bigger monitor ..

That wouldn't change a thing. TotalMix would still be small. And due to a bigger monitor, it would appear even smaller ;-)

I think the design is a legacy from Fireface 800 (or other older products), where a big number of meters had to fit on the screen.

In my opinion the GUI of the UC is NOT eye-friendly and its appearance could be substantially improved.

- MB Asus P5B-E;
- Sonar X1 x64.

...and just now I've returned home from the first day of Musik Messe in Frankfurt am Main where I saw how the new TotalMix will look in about 2 months (it will be released then as a free update - so I've been told)

it looks way better - BUT IT'S STILL SMAAALLLLLLL!!!! rotfl

- MB Asus P5B-E;
- Sonar X1 x64.

ffucOwner wrote:

...and just now I've returned home from the first day of Musik Messe in Frankfurt am Main where I saw how the new TotalMix will look in about 2 months (it will be released then as a free update - so I've been told)

it looks way better - BUT IT'S STILL SMAAALLLLLLL!!!! rotfl

Could you please detail what it looks like?

Will the new Totalmix for the Fireface UC be editable with skin modifications, etc... like the previous Totalmix?

They should put you in a glass jar.

Of course. But this one uses a lot of graphical elements, so it's much more work.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Excellent! Yes, I saw the youtube video of the new GUI. It looks very nice as is, but it's so cool that you are able to customize the design as well. I just ordered a Fireface UC. I am so ampered up!
Won't be here for a couple weeks though. A couple loooong weeks. 
I appreciate you're attention.

They should put you in a glass jar.

My question regarding the size/resolution has still not been answered... A company rep at the Musik Messe said something about "too difficult, too much work to do"...

Although I am not a programmer, that seemed a bit odd to me...

Anyone? RME Guys?

- MB Asus P5B-E;
- Sonar X1 x64.

too difficult, too much work to do

Yes, thats right. There is also no need to do it. From all responses we get only a few users say it's too small. We got much more comments it does not fit on Netbook screens and have to be smaller. So the new TotalMix offers a good compromise with the 2-Row mode.

best regards
Knut

old thread but I agree with the OP. I have a 1440x900 resolution on a 14" monitor. I think it's way too small, I am a programmer and depending on what language it was coded in could be a very simple task. All programs have some sort of resizing option but not this.

I am a programmer and depending on what language it was coded in could be a very simple task. All programs have some sort of resizing option but not this.

Only in vector based programs. TotalMix is based on bitmaps. They can?t be resized only zoomed and this is not a good idea (like in old Samplitude versions). Of course there could be sets of different bitmaps in different sizes but this is simply not possible at the moment and we think it?s better to spend the small ressources on more important tasks.

best regards
Knut

Admin Knut wrote:

I am a programmer and depending on what language it was coded in could be a very simple task. All programs have some sort of resizing option but not this.

Only in vector based programs. TotalMix is based on bitmaps. They can?t be resized only zoomed and this is not a good idea (like in old Samplitude versions). Of course there could be sets of different bitmaps in different sizes but this is simply not possible at the moment and we think it?s better to spend the small ressources on more important tasks.

best regards
Knut

sure I understand, that makes perfect sense. thanks for the feedback.