Topic: ADi-8 QS Factory defaults

Hi,

is it possible to reset the ADI-8 QS to its factory defaults?

Thanks for an answer,
Ulrich

Re: ADi-8 QS Factory defaults

Sorry, no. What is the use or need for this?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I've got a QS here which was used by another person in the past, so I don't know which settings are screwed up. I still find the setup menu a little bit confusing (though I own already a QSM), and the fastest way to ensure defined conditions would be a reset to factory defaults.
Maybe a possible feature for a future firmware version...?

BTW: Is it recommended to update from 1.1 to a current firmware version?

Regards,
Ulrich

While I agree with the comment about the onboard menu the obvious solution is to use MIDI Remote. Perfect overview, quick setup and even storage of your prefered state for later loading.

The current firmware is 1.2, it fixes a problem when using AES and Word at the same time under a very specific condition. If you don't see a problem there is no immediate need to update.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for the answer. Hope everything is fine for you in Frankfurt.

I am not as much attracted by MIDI remote as a code writer may be... I am glad if I don't have to deal with just another cable connection and just another piece of software, only for the benefit of controlling an I/O device...
Maybe you can really put the "reset to factory defaults" on the wish list for a future firmware update.

It would be still interesting to know which specific conditions can harm AES and word connection in V1.1. I would like to rely on the QS and might not be able to test every possible situation before an important recording.

Regards,
Ulrich

MC wrote:

While I agree with the comment about the onboard menu the obvious solution is to use MIDI Remote. Perfect overview, quick setup and even storage of your prefered state for later loading.

The current firmware is 1.2, it fixes a problem when using AES and Word at the same time under a very specific condition. If you don't see a problem there is no immediate need to update.

Where can I download firmwares for the QS? I can't find it on the RME site. It's sometimes a good idea to prevent problems before they can arise.
I heavily rely on the QS for my daily work. Is the firmware uploaded with MIDI Remote?

Firmware updates for any Premium Line product require sending the product to the factory. The only exception is the M-series converters.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME