1 (edited by Jeff Chitouras 2010-03-31 21:20:15)

Topic: M/S work with Total Mix/RayDat in Mac intel running Sys 5.8?

Tried searching for this answer and did not come up with any.

Is it possible to engage M/S listening in Total Mix using Mac Intel running 5.8? Manual seems to indicate so but I think it is only workable using a PC.  I can change teh input in Total Mix to Blue as is discussed in the manual but it does not output a decoded M/S stereo signal.

Thanks.

Re: M/S work with Total Mix/RayDat in Mac intel running Sys 5.8?

It works.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

OK, I believe you. Please tell this dimwit what I am missing:

Following the instructions from the HDSPeRayDAT 'Connections and TotalMix' manual, page 63 (Chapter 26.7 MS Processing) I can change my "Side" Channel input to Blue in the Matrix page, indicating inverted polarity but when I go to the Options pull down menu in the HDSPe Mixer application only the following pull down menus show up:

"Ignore Postion
Ignore I/O Labels
Link Faders

Level Meter Setup
Preferences

Enable MIDI control
Deactivate MIDI in Background"

There is no option for "MS Pricessing in ..." etc.

The picture shown in the manual shows a PC , not a Mac. The version I have running for HSDPe Mixer and RayDAT card is 2.67 (card is Rev 11). I believe they are the current versions. Am I missing a piece of software?

Any suggestions?

I would love to get this working as I use MS a lot. 

Thanks.

MS Processing is only available in TotalMix view, not the Matrix, after selecting two channels. You did that?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I believe I have selected the two Input channels for MS stereo in the TotalMix window ( using Input Channels 7 & 8 as my example, 7 being for Mid and 8 being for Side. The channels in TotalMix window show up as Orange in the White area of the respective TotalMix channel strip. The Output Channels for this MS output is SubMix A13 & A14).

I then went to the Matrix window and held the Shift key while I clicked on Input 8/Output 14 to invert the polarity. (Perhaps this is where I am confusing things?)

Whether or not I am in Matrix view or TotalMix view, there is no pull down menu under 'Options" or any other pull down menu that offers an 'MS Processing" macro.

Just so I know, are the written instructions in the RayDAT manual only for PC and are a bit different for the Mac?

If I could attach a jpg I could send you a screen capture to show the TotalMix pulldown menus do not offer a MS macro in the software I am using.

Thanks for your attention. It is appreciated.

Forget the Matrix. If the option is not visible after selecting channel input 7 and 8 then this feature has been forgotten in the driver. We'lll check that.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Any idea when it might be confirmed one way or the other if the current Mac driver has "forgotten" this feature?

Jeff,
you hit the famous 'there's no way to understand it' jackpot. :-O

While the whole MS processing code is in the driver, the option to select the function is simply missing in the menu. For all cards under OS X. And nobody ever complained. Means that nobody uses (and needs) this function. Go figure... DeadHorse

To fix it: download an updated TotalMix and replace the existing one:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/hd … er_271.zip

I re-uploaded the 2.71 driver which now includes this fixed TotalMix. No need for a new version number or update announcement, nobody needs it anyway (see above). ed:

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

DeadHorse

LOL.  How can I set this up as my avatar?

BTW, just confirms my impression of Mac users (ducks for cover ...)

De gustibus - et sonus - non est disputandum

Thank you very much!

Works fine now.

Apparently my ESP abilities of reading the manual for info that is not there is not up to snuff...

By the way, love the emoticons.