Topic: Today myt FF800 crashes on my PC, Macbook is this a known problem?

Hi everybody and excuse me for my bad english...i'm french (excuse me for that too lol )

I use my FF800 for five years now with NO problems until today.

I use it on a PC win XP for some projects, ans on Macbook tiger, and, I repeat it NO PROBLEM during five years...

So, today I started my mac, logic 8 ..... no sound in the monitors, the host lighten up.
I restart logic, all the leds of te FF800 flashes (on off on off, i don't know how to say that in english)
I change the firewire cable, same problem (only the red host led). Sometimes, the FF800 is connected and sounds can be hearded, sometimes disconnected and no sounds...

Same problem with my pc so it cannot be my computers...no flash update, or driver upgrade between last week when everything worked perfectly...

This shit happens during a recording session for the second album of a metal band and I need my FF800 to work...some ideas?

Re: Today myt FF800 crashes on my PC, Macbook is this a known problem?

All LEDs flashing at the same time usually means the power supply is failing, you can try restarting the unit several times to try to get it up and running again.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

3 (edited by Ben1984 2010-04-02 10:14:26)

Re: Today myt FF800 crashes on my PC, Macbook is this a known problem?

Thanks for your support !

I restarted the unit several time and the "all led flash" stuff stopped but the host led still ligthens up...

the fireface is connected for one or two minutes and disconnects for a while, then connected, disconnected... until I prefer stop trying...

EDIT : I forgot to say that the FF800 works sometimes but some weird noises can but heard during a project is playing