Topic: Very Low Volume

I have been using an M-Audio Audiophile 192 for quite a while with SONAR (I also have a Gina in the same computer). I decided to splurge on the HDSPe AIO card, took out the Audiophile, and replaced it with the RME card (although using a PCIe slot, obviously). I'm using Windows XP SP3, by the way. I had the Audiophile routed through a Behrenger Eurorack MX802A mixer. I hooked the inputs and outputs of the HDSPe card up to the mixer exactly like I had the Audiophile hooked up. In SONAR, I'm barely getting any volume at all. I have played around with the HDSPe mixer and can raise and lower the volume slightly, but in SONAR it's about 1/20 as loud as it needs to be. The HDSPe card is barely making the lights indicating input on the Behrenger move. Do I need to be using something other than the Behrenger? I knew the HDSPe card was vastly superior to the Audiophile, but does it not have the same amount of output as the Audiophile? Do I need special pre-amps or something? Thanks. Somewhat frustrated. I'd like to get back to making music.

Re: Very Low Volume

Never mind. I solved my own problem. I was using 1/4" to RCA adapters to connect to the line ins/outs on the HDSPe. I dug around and found some Monster cables I had with 1/4" on one end (for the mixer) and RCA plugs on the other. Once I got rid of the 1/4" to RCA adapters, everything started working fine. Whew! I fix computers for a living, so I'm not exactly ignorant when it comes to computers, but I'd never handled a $799 single component before and was really nervous about it. I know less about DAW than I do about computers in general. I'm posting this rather than deleting the thread in case anyone else has had the same problem.