Topic: Fireface 400 Volume Reset to Max in Cubase 5 on an iMac on load

Every time I load a new song in Cubase 5, or when I load Cubase, the volume on the channel I have connected to my monitors resets to 01.  This is a significantly loud sound, particularly when unexpected and I am scared that even if I don't blow my eardrums, I might blow my monitors. 

I have the latest drivers and firmware in the Fireface400.  I have looked everywhere to see where I can disable this reset, or set a default volume level but cannot find one.

Can anyone help?

Re: Fireface 400 Volume Reset to Max in Cubase 5 on an iMac on load

A Cubase feature.

This happens when the FF 400 or FF UC is set as Standard output only. If set to be the system output too the error will not show up.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you Matthias.  It certainly solves my immediate problem.  Would RME make representations to Steinberg and I will too, to remove this "feature" from Cubase, as I really don't want to keep my system output set to the FF.  Your organisation should have enough clout to make them take notice.

All done with no effect. Search this forum.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

A Cubase feature.

This happens when the FF 400 or FF UC is set as Standard output only. If set to be the system output too the error will not show up.

I am assuming that this is done in System Preferences on Mac Pro?

Yep, that's right