Topic: Problems using three fireface 800

Have three fireface 800s and im trying to get 24 audio outs to go to a mixing desk as im setting up a computer system for an oldschool producer who still wants to mix on a desk.
My system is an intel dual core processor with xp service pack 3, a winfast motherboard, two 7200 sata harddrives, a gigabyte graphics card and have 4 gig of ram also using a belkin firewire 800 card (have used several as i thought this was the problem). The software i am using is nuendo 4. This system has been working well as a one card tracking machine but now we need 24 audio outs i am having sync issues. I have set one card as the master and the other two as slaves and im using word clock cables out of one card into the next into the next and terminating at the final card.the word clock cables are the same length and the firewire cables are the same length. the cards are saying they are in sync but the audio is not in sync im really starting to go mad as ive tried everything by the way i have installed the newest firmware and drivers please can someone help please please.....

Re: Problems using three fireface 800

Please be more specific - how is the audio out of sync? Have you considered using one or two FFs as standalone converter via ADAT?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

hi the audio coming from one card might be ahead or behind the beat but its perfect coming from one card in stereo the reason i need 24 audio outs is that the studio owner wants to mix the same way as he always has and there is no adat in on the desk this is why we bought three fireface 800.

What is the source of the audio? External analog source or digital data coming from your PC. If its external analog data you can always use each FF800 in stand-alone mode?

Regards,

dadgad

it is audio coming from my pc it is a full album recorded into nuendo.

You can still play all channels to one FF and connect the other as external DA converters via ADAT (described in the manual).

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

sorry i dont understand i need 24 audio out from three fw800 cards going to an analog desk (this should be in time). Could you explain a bit better what you mean the manual dosnt say anything about using three cards. Thanks for your time.

Yes i get it now thank you very much for your time!!!!