Topic: Multiface 2 Overheating RA 2009-497

Jeff Petersen you may recall back in January emails about some of my issues with my Multiface II. Well now that I've finally got some time to do some mixing I'm finding that it still acts up after being run for awhile (it's really hot). All three of them are stacked on top of each other but only this one after being on for a while loses connection and the host light starts flashing. It almost looks like a code. Is there a code for overheating on this thing or any codes for that matter? It flashes some on it's own and some with the sync LED and some together. Sherry at Synthax said they replaced a board in it but I have no idea which board and it sure as hell is not fixed as far as I'm concerned so I'm kinda at a loss of what's the issue with this thing. Is there any known issues with heat causing some of the chips to go out of spec and the box to disconnect. I'll tell ya compared to the Multiface 1 these things get really hot. The one thing I am going to do a test on is put a 120mm fan on the side venting and have air blow into it and see if it does it then.
   Here's hopeing you or someone else can shed some light on this.

Cheers, Roger R Cunningham
Wired Audio & Video Installations

Re: Multiface 2 Overheating RA 2009-497

Friendly bump. :-)