1 (edited by astar 2010-04-13 23:41:13)

Topic: Windows 7 - how to configure HDSP9632 for multimedia use???

Hi everybody,

i couldn?t set up RME HDSP9632 as my multimedia Soundcard in Windows 7 x64!

The soundcard is recognized and works fine with my Sequencer, but under the "control panel" -> "sound" tab is no RME available to set it as my multimedia soundcard for usage with the Windows Media Player for example.

I hear nothing in Windows Media Player but i need it!  because i use Session Drummer 3 and want to prelisten the Drumsamples before i Load them - otherwise its breaking my workflow!

Could please somebody help me?
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

in German:

ich w?rde gerne die RME HDSP9632 f?r den Multimedia Gebrauch in Systemsteuerung-> Sound -> Wiedergabeger?t verwenden, doch leider steht mir die RME in Windows 7 64x nicht zur Auswahl zur Verf?gung, obwohl sie im Ger?temanager angezeigt wird und auch im Sequencer funktioniert.

Aber im Windows Multimedia Player h?re ich nichts, obwohl ich ihn zum vorh?ren meiner samples im Session Drummer 3 Plugin brauche.

Wie mache ich nun die RME zur Multimediasoundkarte, damit ich meine Drumsamples vorh?ren kann?

LG
Arnold

www.infokrieg.tv

2 (edited by astar 2010-04-14 17:54:06)

Re: Windows 7 - how to configure HDSP9632 for multimedia use???

ich h?re samples nun im mediaexplorer von soinar 8.5 vor und ziehe sie per drasg and drop in den session drummer 3 -> Problem gel?st

www.infokrieg.tv

Dieser Fehler tritt eigentlich nur auf wenn der Audioservice in Windows deaktiviert wurde, oder die Treiber einer Realtek-Onboard-Karte anderes Audio verhindern.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ich habe das selbe Problem mit meiner rme digi 9652 ebenfalls in windows7(aber 32 Bit).
Ich habe die aktuellen Treiber etc. alles gecheckt.
Die Karte wird im Ger?te Manager angezeigt Ger?testatus: Ger?t funktioniert einwandfrei, Ger?te Konflikte: Keine Konflikte.
Bei Cubase kann ich alles ausw?hlen und funktioniert super aber im Media Player, Internet etc. kein Ton weil ich die Soundkarte nicht als Multimedia Karte ausw?hlen kann.

Nat?rlich kann ich auch die media bay bei cubase nutzen aber das ist doch nciht die L?sung?
Alles was im Internet ist verweist nat?rlich auf die Windows Konfiguration und wenn ich die Karte nicht ausw?hlen kann h?rt man nat?rlich nix.

Die Onboard Soundkarte ist deaktiviert(?ber Bios).
Das einzige was mir zur Auswahl steht (in den Sound einstellungen) ist digitalaudio HDMI das ist von der Grafikkarte(ATI Radeon HD 3650)

Irgendeine eine Idee? Ich bin mit meinem Latein am Ende.

F?r DIGI 9652 kann man im Forum 'Vintage Stuff' nachlesen dass diese keinen Win7 Support hat.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Can someone please translate this into English for me?  I cannot get sound from websites on my new PC that has a HDSP 9652 on it.  Here's my set up, and I have tried running at 44.1 and 48 with my AD/DA and have disabled the onboard sound, and the sound settings say that the RME HDSP 9652 is the system sound output (Live and Reason run no problems):

Windows 7 Ultimate > Internet Explorer > HDSP 9652 > Sonorus DA/24 > Yamaha speakers via balanced Mogami cables

The only thing I don't know about is that I changed the PCI slot that I plugged the 9652 into to give it a little space from the video card.  Maybe this is why Windows identifies it as "2 - RME HDSP 9652" in Sound Settings...?

Thanks for your help!  I'd really like to watch the World Cup on my computer...

Tom

theys wrote:

Can someone please translate this into English for me?  I cannot get sound from websites on my new PC that has a HDSP 9652 on it.  Here's my set up, and I have tried running at 44.1 and 48 with my AD/DA and have disabled the onboard sound, and the sound settings say that the RME HDSP 9652 is the system sound output (Live and Reason run no problems):

Windows 7 Ultimate > Internet Explorer > HDSP 9652 > Sonorus DA/24 > Yamaha speakers via balanced Mogami cables

The only thing I don't know about is that I changed the PCI slot that I plugged the 9652 into to give it a little space from the video card.  Maybe this is why Windows identifies it as "2 - RME HDSP 9652" in Sound Settings...?

Thanks for your help!  I'd really like to watch the World Cup on my computer...

Tom

Have you tried Google translate?

Isaac P.

A good idea, but the translation didn't help me with my issue since I've already disabled the onboard sound card, have Windows seeing my HDSP 9652 as the main output, and am running a modern card (most of which I deduced from the German, thus why I included all of that information in my post).

Love to hear other thoughts on how to fix this problem.

Thanks,
Tom