Topic: Expresscard is not detected by Windows 7 64bit

Hello,
i bought a new Laptop last days, a Dell Studio 1558 with Windows 7 Home Ultimate 64bit. All Progs (Ableton, Max etc) work fine, but I can?t install my Multiface. Before the change i used it on XP 32 bit with a pcmcia-card without any problems. Pcmcia-times are over, so I bought a ExpressCard to run my Multiface, but the ExpressCard isnt even recogniced by the Dell, no "unknown hardware" in the hardwaremanager or something like that. I updated all drivers/bios to the absolut newest, but unfortunately nothing changed.
Someone got an idea or similar problems? Is it maby a Dell-made-problem??
sry for my english by the way.
Thanks
Treidemeier

Re: Expresscard is not detected by Windows 7 64bit

most laptops will have a hard time with this or any Express card Dell and HP in particular

little update:
ich checked my expresscard on an other system with win7 64 bit and it worked without problems, so its not the card. but here it comes: i tested another expresscard from rme with my laptop and, tadaaa it also worked. so its seemingly the combination of my card and my laptop. does anybody have an explanation for that?!

another little update:
after hours i got the multiface (1) running with firmware 18 and the newest driver. i also can choose it in ableton with the asio driver, BUT

when i try to

1) play audio it hangs up / gives bluescreen / an audiofeedbackloop
2) change the samplerate -  it disconnects
3) play midi - it works about a timespan of 10-60 sec
4) do anything with activated rme-driver - slow down the hole system / abrupt systemrestart

i also tried the disabling - the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery method, without any change.

i orderd - just for testing - two other expresscards to exclude a hardwaredefect of the card.
but i got little hope getting it running steadily...

ok its not a particular problem of ableton, i also tested max/msp and its the same. i also tested the directx/mme driver  and the windows xp - compatibilitymode. without success. i  thought intel would make better chips then that sort of crap inside my dell...

Is your ExpressCard listed here?

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3263

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

no, unfortunatly not. the two cards i got here are 22802904 (is detected) and 22944484 (which isnt even detected)

hello,
just to finish it... the two other rme expresscards i orderd arrived today and both dont work with the dell studio. its very weard, i tested 4 cards in total but only one (the oldest) worked (naahh lets say was detected...)
so ill send the dell back to hell and buy a macbook pro.
greetings
treidemeier

If you intend to run W7 64 on the MBP, please mind that Expresscard may not wrk correctly under W7 here.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

yeah i already read that,so ill run osx. i tested my card/interface on a friends system without problems.
but does anybody know why there is that expresscard-problem on mcb under win7?