Topic: Digiface and SMUX ?

Is there any way to record SMUX with a Digiface?

I am assuming that I could record the data onto two tracks in my DAW, but I don't know how to merge the data to get a single data file from it.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks!
Scott

Re: Digiface and SMUX ?

You don't need to do any merging - the driver will take care of everything and your DAW will get correct tracks at 88 or 96 k.
SMUX (i.e. the splitting of audio channels) as such only takes place between the actual ADAT interfaces of your converter and the Digiface.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thanks Daniel.

I've been playing with it a little today and the input (1) shows up on Totalmix on both channels 1 and 2. So I can use either as the source for the track, but I only need one of them, correct?

Scott

No. Set the card into 96 kHz mode and TM will show the correct signals.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

5 (edited by plus6vu 2010-04-24 05:31:23)

I must be dense, but I'm having trouble finding the setting for 96 kHz. I have the preferences window open, I can see the setting, but I don't find how to change it.

It is set as master. Do I need to slave it to a 96 kHz A/D to get it to change? I think I tried it earlier and no change, but I may have missed something.

<edit>

I think I found at least one way.
If I open my DAW software (SAWStudio) and set the multitrack for 96 or 88.2, etc. I can get the driver to reset to the new sample rate.

I haven't tried it, but can it be done using Digicheck? I mean - what if I wanted to record using Digicheck without opening my DAW software to change the clock?

Thanks for your patience!

Scott