1 (edited by CT 2010-04-30 23:03:08)

Topic: FF800 Questions thankyou please :)

Hello
      I've spent countless hours on this forum tonight and i'm finally getting there... sort of. After reading all the info and tips I've still got a few questions before I take the plunge and buy (wey, hopefully) myself a FF800.

- Is it XP64 compatible? I'm concerned about the specs - "MME (not xp64)". What does this mean?
- I've read it doesn't need FW800 and can use a standard FW400?! Would like clarity on this please.
- Would it be best to use a separate PCI card? as apposed to my P5B deluxes motherboard slot as i've heard there's issues when using it with FF800.

Best Regards
CT

P5B d
E6700
4GB
XP64
C 4

Re: FF800 Questions thankyou please :)

#1: no idea, still on XP 32 bit
#2: yes, it's alright to use FW400 as long as you don't use more than one Fireface - all 28 possible channels work flawless
#3: P5B-E here, working fine with the onboard FW chip without separate FW card

3 (edited by CT 2010-05-01 16:15:10)

Thanks for the reply.  Good to know the FF800 can use the FW400 chip. I'd probably see how it performs with my separate firewire card first to save on CP usage.

I knew the XP64 question was going to be the big one, always is really. Anyone out there using a FF800 on this OS?

Or if anyone can clarify the driver support specs, the wording is confusing...

"Driver support
Windows 2000 SP4, Windows XP, Vista, Vista 64: Full ASIO multi-client operation of WDM, MME (not XP64), (this part is the concern) GSIF 2.0 and ASIO 2.0. WDM (DirectSound) with stereo and multi-Channel support."

also the driver download reads..."Windows XP / Vista / 7 32/64 bit" Call me daft but does this mean XP64 bit? or just windows 7 64?

CT

XP 64 bit is supported, of course. ASIO, GSIF and WDM work, but MME is not available in XP 64, or any OS version, since a few driver revisions back.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thank alot, really appreciate the replies. It's decided then, i'm going for the FF800 :-)

Best regards
CT