Topic: (FF400 not recognized - URGENT

Hi !

I use FF400 with a Windows XP configured PC.

After 2 years of proper use with no problems, the card does not get recognized anymore.  I have tried the following:

- Using FF port 1 and port 2
- Changing the cable
- Changing computers.

I have plugged another FF400 (from a friend) on the PC and it works great.  Mine doesn't work anymore. 

Please HELP !  A 800 Euro card cannot possibly not work anymore after 2 years of studio usage.

Thanks very much !

Carl

Re: (FF400 not recognized - URGENT

Hello again,

Can anyone help please ??

Carl

Seems like the FW controller chip may be damaged. You should contact your local distributor for tests and service if necessary.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hi to everyone. I guess I have the same problem, but it occured after 2 months of using. So I shouldn't be worried due to warranty but (knowing specific polish servicemen attitude) I have a question, is it possible that I will be told that it could be my computer's fault (macbook pro TI firewire chip) and they will not repair it?

Having major issue here too-- Ff400 worked for about 5 minutes but FF mixer never loaded properly(the windows don't open etc..) can record in but no output at all now..tried all the latest drivers..can't see a relevant solution on the forum either...help me RME!

Brand new MBP 2.66 intel core i7 with 8g ram

Slowly...are you sure that you can record? Check again. If record and playback don't work, but TotalMix allows to route input to output (means listen) then the serial number is missing in the unit.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Mr Matthias, do You think my problem (post above) will be positively dealt with on warranty? thank you for reply in advance.

Of course.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Slowly...are you sure that you can record? Check again. If record and playback don't work, but TotalMix allows to route input to output (means listen) then the serial number is missing in the unit.

Hi Matthias-thanks for speedy response and sorry for sounding panicked!-yep definitely records through to Ableton live via the ff400--still no output..the Totalmix mixer windows don't open either. How do I check if serial number on unit?
cheers
P

Settings dialog About tab.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi M
got a serial on the about section of FF settings..
unit //CD34B0F7 v1.69
kernel driver v2.62
does that sound ok? still no output through mixer.
p

Any suggestions Matthias on why the FF mixer does work..is it drivers vrs OSX.10.6.3 etc that other areas of forum are discussing?
cheers
Paddy

Hi Matthias
Any response on this? tried linking up soundcard through an external HD but still Total mix looks corrupted. Is this what everyone is moaning about? oh and my brand new MBP is the rev06000 chip set unfortunately.
Any other suggestions on what I can do?
P
unit //CD34B0F7 v1.69
kernel driver v2.62