Topic: My old and good Prodif Gold

I have an old RME product called Prodif Gold. It's very old but, for me, it's all I need to link my Roland VS-1680 and my PC with Samplitude 11 Pro in MME option, because it has just 2 digital I/O (RCA and optical). Because of that I use Windows xp untill now, but I think I have to change to Windows 7 (Microsoft is killing XP).
Nowadays I use drivers for Digi32, 96 and Hammerfall series (version 2.05) and, except ASIO, it works very well. I need ASIO driver for Reason, but I can't configure that.

I would like to know:
1- if there is windows 7 drivers for that board.
2- can I use ASIO for that board?
3- What RME product offers me just 2 digital I/O (SPDIF) and ASIO? I don't want to pay more for features that I don't need.

Thanks, in advance.

Joao Goulart Junior.

Re: My old and good Prodif Gold

The Prodif Gold is the DIGI 32/8, so it has ADAT as well.

1) No. But it might work with older drivers.
2) Yes. You could try either driver 2.02 (DIGI32 Series) or 2.111 (DIGI 96 Series)
3) HDSP AIO is the smallest and most simple solution that we offer with RCA digital I/Os.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for the quick answer.
1) I'll try the drivers you recommended that I found on Drive Archive section of your site. If I have any trouble I'll ask you, may I?
2) I didn't find HDSP AIO at your brazilian representative site (http://www.uminstrumentos.com.br/rme.html).
3) Has that board 1 optical I/O and 1 rca I/O, both running in spdif mode (like Prodif Gold)?
4) How can I buy that board? Can you sell me that board directly?
5) How does that cost?

Finally, congratulations for the very high quality of your products. It's amazing to use Prodif Gold for almost 15 years. I feel that I can use it for more 15 years. I never had any trouble. It's simple, quiet and powerful.

Hello,

please contact Um-Instrumentos, they may just not yet have updated their website.
We don't sell direct, sorry.

The 32/8 does not support ASIO under XP, so that won't work with W7, either...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Ok. Thank you very much.
I tried the drivers 2.11 and 2.02 but Reason puts a red X in ASIO drivers. According to you, ASIO doesn't work under XP. Then, I quit triyng. I installed 2.11 version. But I want HDSP AIO, because I need ASIO under XP and Windows 7.
I'll call Um-Instrumentos.
Thanks again.
JGoulart