Topic: Input latency 0.884 ms/ Output latency 95.238 (?!)

Hi,

I've recently installed RME HDSP9632 PCI card using Cubase SE3 - and tried to adjust the latency via ASIO Multimedia Setup (ver. 1.7.0.8 adjusting buffer size ) Win XP Pro SP3.

Device setup in Cubase says : Input latency 0.884 ms/ Output latency 95.238

I cant understand why there is such a big difference between input and output latency ?

I've tried different drivers, and I am currently using the latest driver ver. 3083 - and flashed the card via the flash update tool to latest version.

Cubase forums suggest, that it is a driver problem - should I remove the card, and make a fresh reinstall ?
Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance for your answer,

Re: Input latency 0.884 ms/ Output latency 95.238 (?!)

Which driver have you selected in Cubase? Please use "ASIO Hammerfall DSP".

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your prompt answer

You are right - I have chosen the Asio Multimedia driver in Cubase - but if I choose "ASIO Hammerfall DSP" - the system only shows me ADAT and SPdif in/outputs - not the analog ones (which are the ones I use - I have the card in combination with AI4S-192)

Maybe these channels have not been activated in the Cubase setup (F4).

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I think its working now - I choose the ASIO Hammerfall DSP driver and here (as before) I only see ADATS :

http://www.dbhome.dk/ting/cubase2.gif

...however they are only ADAT by name, in fact the first 6 are analog inputs (but called "ADAT"). All things now seem back to normal and in/out latency is about 6 ms - sweet !
Thanks for leading me in the right direction.

The channels are correctly named in the driver. IMHO you forgot to hit the Reset button shown in the above screenshot.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME