Topic: Multiple HDSP(e) flavors on one PCI bus?

I have a RayDAT. Is it possible to also put 1 (or 2) HDSP(e) AES cards in the same machine? If so, (assuming I have the cards all slaved to the same clock at the same speed) if I am recording signals from both the ADAT and AES inputs, will the be sample accurate and aligned?

I just obtained a new converter that has AES and I need an interface that will work alongside my RayDAT.

Thanks!

Re: Multiple HDSP(e) flavors on one PCI bus?

Yes and the PCie is best.

Hey Scott (jcschild) - I'm assuming your statement "PCIe Is Best" is drawn from your own PC DAW testing?  What exactly are the differences you have seen with - for example - 2x Digifaces using PCI HDSP cards versus 2x Digifaces using PCIe cards?  Or maybe 2x Digifaces on PCI vs a RayDat PCIe (using 32 channels total on each config for comparison)?

Is the low-latency scaling superior?  Lower buffers with more CPU load?  What have you observed?

I'm just curious as I'm still running PCI Digifaces on more modern hardware (soon to go i5/i7 and wondering if PCIe is anything to ponder even though I see plenty of i5/i7 boards with multiple legacy PCI slots)

Thanks for any insight!  PCIe ain't cheap, and my existing RME PCI hardware is still running strong @ 32 samples for now!  cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

Bump for jcschild smile

Mainly interested in a comparison of (2) PCI HDSP Digifaces versus (2) PCIe HDSP Digifaces, and also (2) PCI HDSP Digifaces versus a single MADI PCIe.

What are the differences one should expect going from PCI HDSP to PCIe HDSP on a last-generation P45 (Q9550) and a current generation P55 (i7 860) system?  I honestly can't see my current Tracking DAW setup with (2) PCI Digifaces performing much better than it already does at 32 Samples - but I guess anything is possible :-)

Thanks for sharing your first-hand experience cool

2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX

benchmarks wise no difference PCI to PCIe
PCIe adds TCO ability, the PCi version cant use it.
thats it....
and the obvious PCI is disappearing

Scott
ADK

Thanks for the clarification - That is loosely what I assumed with regard to raw performance and low-latency scaling...

cool

2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX