Topic: HDSP AES-32 and Clocking

I'm clocking 4 units of digital gear in the following manner:

Crane Song HEDD (master clock) Word out --> Aurora 8 (Word In T-Bar connector) --> AES-32 (Word In-Word Out) --> Lexicon PCM92 (Word In and terminated).

In this setup I have tried using at T-Bar connector on the AES-32 (bypassing the Word Out) but the whole system goes out of sync if I do.

I've done a ton of research on clocking without a dedicated clock and using T-Bar connectors in a Word Out --> In --> In --> In (terminating the last device in the chain) is preferred over using the Word In/Out on each device in a clocking chain.

My question is why does this setup fail when using a T-Bar connector on the AES-32? The internal jumper is not set to terminate. Why does this work ONLY if I use the Word In and Word Out of the AES-32 card?

Regards,

DB

Re: HDSP AES-32 and Clocking

Somehow too much load already...does it work when you don't terminate the Lexicon?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: HDSP AES-32 and Clocking

If I put a T-Bar on the AES-32 Word In and remove the termination from the Lexicon (which has only a single unterminated Word input), the AES-32 and the Lexicon will sync up but the Aurora then goes out of sync.

I've tried several different device arrangements trying to use the HEDD as the Master clock but the only way I can get everything to sync up is if the T-Bar is removed from AES-32 and the Word In and Word Out is used.

Thanks,

DB