Topic: Serious problem with RME Fireface 400 and firewire port

Helo, everybody :-)

I have just bough a RME Fireface 400 but I'm getting a really serious problem with my firewire port and I'm really afraid of burning the soundcard. The firewire port includes the chip Texas Instrument (I though it would be the best for this soundcard).

I'm using Windows XP SP2 with 3 Gb of RAM and a Core 2 Quad CPU. I didn't have any problem during the installation, in fact, Windows detected the new device fast. The only problem is, from time to time (usually when I've been working with the RME for several hours) it starts making a kind of loud pliping and, suddenly, all drivers are gone. The first time it happened to me I really though the device had been burned by the firewire. In fact, I restarted my computer and Windows didn't detect the RME. Then, after turning off my computer, it came alive again (thanks God!).:o

I'm really worried about this problem. I have taken my computer to a technician in order to know what's happening with my firewire port but he could not find anything at all. Don't know what to do... Should I need any update in Windows, drivers or whatever? Is the RME getting risk when this is happening? HeadScratchI'm feeling it will be burned soon.

www.myspace.com/irisdeejay