Topic: 2x Fireface (800 + 400) = Totalizer not working in Digicheck

I have recently upgraded from the Windows 7 release candidate to a licensed version - I didn't experience any issues in the RC with regards to Digicheck but I also didn't try using two firefaces on the same firewire bus.

So - I have Computer -> FF 400 -> FF 800. On the FF800 I'm using all analog channels, ADAT 1 and ADAT 2. Both ADAT's are being fed from another 2 other firefaces running on another computer. Don't have any issues recording/playback - doing about 24 channels at 48 samples latency (44.1k), input monitoring through Sonar.

My issue is that totalizer just refuses to work. I can select any playback channel on the FF800 as the input source but even tho I can see level in TotalMix I don't see any levels in Totalizer. Note that if I use a level meter which uses hardware input I can see level (but this doesn't work for Totalizer).

Usually I have a few playback channels feeding a stereo output (eg SPDIF) and then I loopback the SPDIF and then use totalizer on the the SPDIF ASIO input. This way I can have several sources going to the one instance of Totalizer (ie Sonar monitor, winamp etc.. However this also does not work.

I'm using the latest (non beta) FF drivers and firmware on Windows 7 Ultimate running on i7 920, Gigabyte UD4P, 6gig OCZ gold, Radeon 4550HD graphics (everything installed is latest, as of about 3 days ago). I'm using the onboard TI firewire with the legacy drivers. I don't remember running legacy in the RC of Windows 7 but after using the non legacy for about 1-2 days I started getting BSOD's on boot - switching to legacy appeared to fixed this.

For the moment I have routed signal to one of the other firefaces via adat and am running totalizer on that, but its a pain because its not in my line of sight.

I've tried digicheck on both the FF400 and FF800 but still the same issue. Previously I was getting very strange behaviour where if I selected the 400 SPDIF totalizer would start working (even tho TotalMix was reporting that the audio was going out the FF800 - very strange but I can't repeat this now I have gone to legacy drivers.

Anyone have any ideas?

Re: 2x Fireface (800 + 400) = Totalizer not working in Digicheck

Which version of DIGICheck?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Which version of DIGICheck?

Sorry - 5.23

Ok, this seems to  be a bug in DC with Firefaces only. Will be fixed quickly.

(Topic moved to DC forum).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks Matthias - great I'm not going crazy wink

Same for Mac version 0.61 since driver 2.72 (one Fireface 800).

7 (edited by zan 2010-06-12 02:07:47)

Matthias just so you are aware this does not occur on Windows XP - although I think I'm on an older version of digicheck, I'll have to check next time.

I quite happily run 2 firefaces and can use totalizer correctly in XP just not in Windows 7.

Sorry for the delay. The fix had been added quickly but the new version has never been released as it is changing constantly. We added support for the Babyface, new drivers, did more fixes and small changes. A new version should come up shortly.

Thanks for the note on 2.72, we'll check that.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thats ok Matthias as I'm mainly only using 1 fireface when doing the bulk of my recording on win7 - the project I was referring to above has now completed that phase.

Please try this version:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/di … n_5253.zip

This is the exe file only!

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME