Topic: AIO VST Performance Bar going nuts!

Hello fellow RME users,

I'm using windows XP home edition with 4GB Ram, 3 one Tera harddiscs , AMD 940 Quad Core CPU and the 3GB switch on. The AIO works fine until these few days, the VST performance Bar on my cubase 5 goes nuts with unbearable latency and reds and pops and every audio nuisances that you could think of. I have not install/uninstall anything new recently and I've checked my system is free of virus or spyware that could effect the driver. I've just reinstall the AIO, updated the latest driver and firmware and the problem persisted. Could anyone please help me on solving this mystery? Thank you!

Re: AIO VST Performance Bar going nuts!

if by AIO you mean ASIO I agree. I think its a Cubase issue though because I've had these problems before getting the FireFace. It sux that the FireFace didn't fix my pops ans crackles but I can tell you another interface won't solve your problems. Head over to Cubase.net for this problem smile

By AIO I mean the All-In-One HDSP(e) PCI-e soundcard but not the ASIO. This I think is not a cubase problem as I have been working with these exact setup for a few months and they're fine till a few days ago. Plus, I'd test the card on the kontakt 4 standalone mode and the problem is still there, I wonder what other test I should do....

If the problem affects both cubase and standalone VST's, and you've made no changes to your system, it's possible that you're see'ing a hard drive problem.

There are utilities you can download for free (one of my favorites is HDTune). These can be run against a specific hard drive and will clock the read/write throughput of the drive. Check your C drive as well as your additional drives. If you're running Windows (of any flavor) then you probably have the C drive being used as a "paging drive". If it starts to have problems (read/write issues that cause it to be slow moving data on or off the drive) this can cause your system performance to go into the crapper fast.

5 (edited by Metheny 2010-05-15 11:22:45)

Hi Karl! :-) Glad to hear you!.

Have you also tried the DPC Latency Checker ( www.thesycon.de/eng/latency_check.shtml ) ?

I've got the same problem! Been working on Cubase 5 with my HDSP9632 for almost a year and it worked fine, until the last few days, the ASIO meter on the VST Performance is going nuts, when I load a big mix after 2 minutes it goes to the reds and won't get off of there, the audio pops and I can't work. And it started in the last few days, I even formated my system drive and all, didn't help at all!

ADI-2 Pro FS R BE