Topic: RayDAT driver does not work on 64bit Win7 ?

Hi forum,
I've an Intel DP45SG MoBo with 8GB RAM and an Intel Core2Quad running @ 2,8 GHz.
The Videocard is a GeForce 8600GT and the audio card is the RayDAT.
Drivers are all actual.

I was running Win XP with SP3 untill few days ago. Everything works fine.
Now I've installed Win 7 in 64bit mode.
When first installing the audio driver everything looks ok. But after reboot the audiocard dissapeared from the device manager. There is no audio tab anymore.
I thought that has to be something with the MoBo BIOS version so I tried the last 5 BIOS versions by flashing them.
But always the same.
I only could get rid of the RME driver by deleting the 'RME Hammerfall DSP (WDM)' Software in the delete software menu.
After that and rebooting again the device manager shows me the audio card as unknown multimediadevice.
And all starts from the beginning again.
I also tried to put the RayDat in the seccond PCIe slot. But the same.

Does anyone notice compatibility problems with Win7 64bit, RayDAT driver and intel MoBo ?

Another question: When unpacking the hdsp_wdm_3083 file I can see also 64 bit drivers. Does Win7 64bit install the right drivers ?

I didn't find anyone with that problem in the forum but maybe I'm doing something wrong ?

Please help.

Rgds, Frank

Re: RayDAT driver does not work on 64bit Win7 ?

Hi,
since the last two days I've reinstalled Win7 several times (as the installation is so fast :-)) and tried out any combination of BIOS on the MoBo.
Everything I've done did fail untill now :roll.
But the only difference now is that the RayDAT is now visible in the device manager after installing the drivers but it's again not working.
When I go in the 'ressources' TAB Window from the HDSPe card Win7 cannot show any informations about Adresses and IRQ and the device manager freezes.
Well, as I'm not very familiar with PCIe busses I think the Graphic Card maybe is interfeering. Will try to install an old GraCa driver.

Anyone any idea HeadScratch

Thanx, Frank

Re: RayDAT driver does not work on 64bit Win7 ?

Problem solved :-)
The RayDAT is running now witout any problems since a few days.
I took the 16x PCIe slot.
Thougt that this slots where exclusively for the grafic-cards. They are also compatible up to the 1x PCIe slots.
It seems that it is a speciality with the Intel board.

See you cool
Frank