Topic: Synchronize HDSP AES-32 und HDSPe AIO by internal cable (self made)?

Hi,

I own a HDSP AES-32 and a HDSPe AIO, which I'd like to sync internally because
- I need all outputs of the AES so that there is no channel available just for clocking the AIO,
   and I use installed D-SUB-25 cable which has no breakout but goes directly to the DA-converters
- I don't want to waste the AES and/or the S/P-DIF input of the AIO just for clocking, I need them as further inputs,
- there is no space for the Word Clock Module WCM, all bracket slots are already in use.

How I would like to arrange the Word clocking:
As long as my Micstasy is not on tour it shall be the Word Clock Master, when it is not here, the AES-32 shall play this role. The AES-32 shall pass on the Clock to the AIO.

As a temporary arrangement I tried the following solution:
I took a Molex(?) 3 pin plug like you find it on the
AEBs/WCM to PCI Card: Wordclock-cable, internal use, 3-pin (VKWC) and
soldered the half of a BNC word clock cable to pins GND and WC signal (middle pin) -
(I found the pinout by measuring what the AIO puts out at the internal SYNC out).
Then I plugged the 3 pin to the SYNC in of the AIO, led the 75 Ohms BNC cable though a hole and connected it to the WC out of the AES-32.

It works (SYNC IN in the DSP window dialogue shows "Sync")
BUT what irritates me is
- that the "System frequency" the window of the AIO shows 44098/44099 Hz or 88198/88199 Hz etc.
   Is this within a normal tolerance range? Or is my internal cable too susceptible to the "HF storm" in the computer and no good idea?

Is it normal that the SYNC INOF THE AIO card does NOT understand double or quadruple WC speed? It only syncs to the AES-32 WC out if it is set to single speed.

Why DOES the WCM understand 2x and 4x then? Does it use a different internal sync "lane"?

Is there another (a shorter) way to internally connect AES-32 WC out to the AIO?

Would be nice to get a purer solution

Greetz
Volker