Topic: 96 channels at 48khz ?

Hello RME,

Is there a setup thinkable with the current RME products that will let us work with 12 ADAT channels connected to one Mac Pro computer ? If so, what would I need ?

Thank you and all the best,

Gideon Kiers - Telcosystems

Re: 96 channels at 48khz ?

You need at least two ADAT I/Os for 12 channels on PCI Express (Mac Pro) or FireWire. Maybe more for higher sample rates with SMUX so there are the HDSPe RayDAT or the Fireface 800. Another possible combination is the Digiface with the HDSPe PCI card.

best regards
Knut

Sorry, maybe i phrased my question wrong:

I'm looking for an RME setup with 12 ADAT input and outputs, total 96 channels of audio, at 48khz.

The MADI in combination with the ADI-648 will give me 64 channels 24bit @ 48khz, but that is not enough as I need at least 96 channels. It is unclear to me if one can connect or chain two ADI-648's to one MADI card ? Or is there maybe another solution ?

Thanks,

Gideon

I'm looking for an RME setup with 12 ADAT input and outputs, total 96 channels of audio, at 48khz.

12 ADAT inputs plus 12 ADAT outputs? With an ADI-648 you get 8 inputs + 8 outputs = 128 channels. The ADI-648 uses all MADI channels of one MADI card (1 x MADI I/O = 64 + 64 channels). You can of course use two synced MADI cards with two ADI-648 for 128 inputs and 128 ouputs (= 16 ADAT inputs + 16 ADAT outputs).

best regards
Knut