Topic: PCI HDSP Card - Intermittent, now Dead

One of my PCI HDSP cards (rev1.7) became intermittent and now won't even show up in the Device Manager in W7/32; W7/64; or XP/32.  I cleaned the PCI contacts and tried the card in 3 different PC's - it is simply not visible at all in the Device Manager.  The card still supplies power to the MF/DF BOB's - and I tested the card with and w/o a BOB connected to make sure it wasn't current-draw related.

How much does it generally cost (ballpark based on my symptoms listed above) to repair a PCI HDSP card?  Or is repair even an option on such a card?  It's odd - as this was my least-used card and one of my newer rev's to boot! HeadScratch  I'm in Texas, USA so I'd assume I need to get with Synthax?

Thanks!  cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

Re: PCI HDSP Card - Intermittent, now Dead

Hi,

repair is certainly an option, but I can't really make an estimate... Please contact Synthax.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: PCI HDSP Card - Intermittent, now Dead

FYI - I was informed by Jeff @ Synthax that these HDSP PCI cards are no longer repaired.  An out-of-pocket replacement option is your only choice if the card isn't under factory warranty sad (but I was offered a small discount on the replacement card).

No biggie - but I was a little dissapointed with this being my first experience with RME service.  I guess there is only so much you can do to repair a PCI card that has SMT components soldered on it.  This was my spare (4th) card - so I'll likely wait until I have a failure to replace it as cash is tight...

Anyways - just so you know... cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8