1 (edited by ludwig58 2010-06-02 19:01:17)

Topic: VERSION 2.66 won't work properly

Hello,

I am new here and this is my first topic.
I am relatively new to recording so I will try not to sound to stupid.

I work as an editor and I have got a professional editing suite at my home.
Amongst final cut pro I have also got a Multibridge pro by Black magic design which sends out audio and video to my external monitor. (amongst other tasks that are nor relevant to this topic.)
I will explain why I am writing this down.
I am also a musician and from time to time I record some music with my fireface 800. This I do with my mac book pro and logic. the 3 of them work absolutely fine together.
My fireface settings on the laptop are exactly the same as on my mac pro.

As I have a small editing suite I like to work via my mac pro and my fireface 800 to edit the music I recorded.
If I launch my fireface my sound preference become jammed and eventually my mac crashes. I do not want it to change to fireface 800(343)  but I won't it to stay on declink audio (that is the multibridge pro hardware...)

I think the drivers are interfering with one and other hence my writing.

I tried 2 options:
1. I trashed the applications and the fireface settings as well  (as explained:http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4602) and reinstalled them = same outcome...
2. reinstalled the early version of fireface settings.

None of them work.

I quess I am doing something terribly wrong here.

I run a mac pro - version 10.6.3 (snow leopard) - 2x2.8GHz Quad-core Intel Xeon with 8GB 800 MHz DDR2 FB-DIMM RAM
Logic pro and Final cut pro.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Tim
Antwerp
Belgium

tim.visterin@telenet.be

Re: VERSION 2.66 won't work properly

I don't understand what exact problems you experience but you might be running into this known error:
http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7060

To cut a rather long story short, wait for the upcoming Mac OS Fireface driver release (2.71) and try it again.

Cheers

FF400 v1.69/v2.71 (bus powered) | MacPro 2009/8-core/12 GB/TI | 10.6.3 (32) | Logic 9.1.1 (64)