1 (edited by Nagel 2010-06-07 17:25:30)

Topic: Can't install 9632 hardware

Im the happy user of a RME HDSP 9632 card, never had any problems or anything to complain about, but I've been running into some problems with my computer, so had to remove the soundcard and reinstall it, but I can't. My computer tells me that it has found a new multimedia audio controller, but when i try to walk through the installing-setup, it tells me, that it can not install the hardware (eventhough this was exactly how I did last time).

If i try to "force" the computer to install the drivers from my RME disk, it installs, but I get a blue screen when I restart the computer.

If i try the Step-by-Step guide for Windows XP driver installation, I get the exactly same result.

I got a PC with windows XP, and everything has always worked perfectly until now. Any help?

Re: Can't install 9632 hardware

Which driver exactly are you trying to install?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

RME Support wrote:

Which driver exactly are you trying to install?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

First of all Im just trying to get the "hardware" installation to go through, but it wont? Eventhough this was how I got it all to work back when i bought the card. Ive triede to install it with the drivers from the RME installation disk, that I got with the 9632 card, but also with the newest drivers from your website?

Well, which driver exactly have you downloaded? There is no "hardware installation" separate from the driver install...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

RME Support wrote:

Well, which driver exactly have you downloaded? There is no "hardware installation" separate from the driver install...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Ah sorry, dont know what I was thinking, was just because, when I couldn't install it through the automatic installation-setup, I triede to install drivers separately, got a little confused. Anyways, as I said earlier, i triede with both the drivers that i got with the soundcard (on the installation disk), and that worked perfectly the first time?!? And thats basically why I can't understand why it won't now?

When that didn't work, I of course triede to follow the step-by-step guide for windows Xp and used the newest drivers (hdsp_wdm_3083.zip)? But when I do this, windows won't start after the installation, I get the blue screen, and has to go back in the system to start up again.

If you physically removed the card, chances are you didn't reseat it properly. So try that first.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

vinark wrote:

If you physically removed the card, chances are you didn't reseat it properly. So try that first.

I did remove it, but have triede to put it back a lot of times - in different slots. And if it isn't set properly, why is it saying, that it found a new multimedia audio controller? HeadScratch

I haven't had any music coming from my speakers for almost 2 weeks, im very lost, and have no clue what to do. sad

Can you test the card in another computer? Also, please tell me the serial number.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hi there,

My problem is currently close the same, so I don't start a new topic. I just bought a second hand HDSP 96/32 tu use with my windows xp sp2 computer. A home made cd with drivers was given with, containing hdsp32.exe and hdspmix.exe.

I was previously using a creative soundblaster platinum soundcard and i uninstalled all the creative programms and drivers (with windows and regcleaner).

So i plugged the pci card in my motherboard, i can now see some question marks just behind the "audio device on high deffinition audio bus" and "audio multimedia controller" located in the windows device manager. I tried to install the drivers from the cd and even from the rme website, it doesn't work. When i click on the .exe, sometimes nothing happen, sometimes i see the hdsp32 and hdspmix icons coming in the bottom right toolbar. When clicking on setting on the hammer icon, nothing happens, i can only exit (then the icon left).

What could you suggest me please ?

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=732

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

11 (edited by Despotic-Mind 2010-06-21 22:38:58)

Many Many Many Thanks Jeff... Everything works perfectly now. The sound is AMAZING ! So much difference with my old soundblaster is incredible ! It's so wide, pure, musical !

Even the tracks i didn't like much are pleasant to listen to. No matter the source (Wav from a LP12, cd, mp3 and even nes or super nes sound). Everything sounds great !

I am soooo happy.

Hi, i now have sound but it seems all the problems are not settled. I still see a question mark with "audio device on high deffinition audio bus", and this time, the xp tutorial you sent me doesn't help. Is it really something to fix with an rme driver ? or something linked to a motherboard driver ?

I launched cubase sx 3, and it is displayed a warning concerning no creative asio running that can support asio. I unstalled everything from my precious sound card, even with regcleaner, but it seems there is still something somewhere. After that, it is displayed NO VALID ASIO DRIVER even if i see ASIO HAMMERFALL DSP as master ASIO driver...

Can somebody help me please ?

High Definition Audio would be the onboard sound device. Right click and disable this device in Device Manager if you do not plan to use it.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

OK everything works now ... even with cubase. Thanks a lot