1 (edited by Balz 2010-06-09 02:26:04)

Topic: Annoying buzzing and squeeking sounds coming from my 9632

When I drag a window or move the mouse there are more and or louder noises.  The sounds are quieter in the headphones but some are definitely still there (may just be that my amp is quite powerful so the sounds are more apparent when listening through my speakers) .  I've done a bit of searching and found that confllicting IRQs may be to blame, but I've switched the card to my other PCI slot and nothing changes.  Currently it's in the slot further away from my video card.  Anyone know what might be causing this problem?  I've got the balanced breakout cable and AI4S hooked up if that's any help.

Thanks,
Brandon

Re: Annoying buzzing and squeeking sounds coming from my 9632

I should also mention that I've also tried using both a PS2 mouse, and USB, no difference there.

Is there any noise if you disconnect everything except headphones? This is more likely to be ground loop related than IRQ, IMHO... What kind of outboard gear is connected?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I currently have nothing plugged into the sound card inputs, and just the main outs connected directly to my power amp...my computer and amp (and LCD monitor) are all plugged in to the same power bar.  I just checked with only my headphones plugged in and while I think the volume may have gone down, when loading web sites, dragging windows, or watching videos (with no sound) I can still hear some digital noise.  Without window dragging, or videos playing I don't really hear any noise through my headpones.

Sometimes this is caused by the power transitions of your cpu. Try to disable all power management in the bios. Like C1E and speedstep (and all others if you have a core i5/7/9/). If this helps great, it has something to do with the power regulators on the mobo, the power suply etc. You can re-enable one option at a time and see if one specific is causing it (I believe C1E enhanced mostly causes it). If this doesn't help, try removing the screw which bolts the card to the case and leave a small opening there so it doesn't touch the case and see if that cures it.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

Thanks vinark, much appreciated.  I'll give those things a try.